New Patients, please download and fill out the New Patient Paperwork. You can bring this to our office for your first appointment.
Preparing for your first visit at TrueRehab
Make a list of questions you may have so that you don’t forget and can make the best use of your time.
Write down any symptoms you’ve been having and for how long. If you have more than one symptom, begin with the one that is the most bothersome for you. For example, is your pain or symptom:
* Better or worse with certain activities or movements or with certain positions, such as sitting or standing?
* More noticeable at certain times of day?
* Relieved or made worse by resting?
Write down key information about your medical history, even if it seems unrelated to the condition for which you are seeing the physical therapist. For example:
* Make or bring a list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements that you are taking.
* Make a note of any important personal information, including any recent stressful events, injuries, incidents, or environmental factors that you believe might have
contributed to your condition.
* Make a list of any medical conditions of your parents or siblings.
Before your first visit
There is paperwork to be filled out by you and it is best if this is completed before you arrive. The forms will be available on our web site for you to down load or you can pick them up at our office.
Your first session with your physical therapist is called an initial evaluation. During this session, your physical therapist will spend time with you to learn about your condition, your previous level of function, and how your condition is affecting your health. He or she will then take specific measurements of the impairments that may be causing your problem and put together a treatment plan for you.
What to wear?
-Loose fitting clothing or shorts and t-shirt that will allow for movement and access to the injured area.